Archived: Help Us Make 2015 Our Best Year Yet!
Close to 4,000 people came to visit the Windsor Art Center in the past year and a half –and what an amazing time it has been! This year:
- Living with Art: Selected Work from the Margaret Penn Collection of Haitian and African American Art featured work by renown artists Jacob Lawrence, Elizabeth Catlett, and more.
- We hosted upwards of 20 concerts including the award-winning Chris Trapper who had the number one selling single on the Grammy nominated soundtrack for the movie August Rush.
- We featured poetry readings, artist talks, performances and media art.
- We enjoyed a collectibles appraisal with Gary Sohmers who appeared as an appraiser for 13 seasons on the television program Antiques Roadshow.
- Amanda Pawlik, our part-time manager, became our full-time executive director.
- We filled all of the studio space in our Windsor Art Center Studios and joined the artists-in-residence for their monthly Open Studios.
- We kicked off our visual arts classes.
- We launched our new Windsor Art Center Destinations series to showcase art, architectural and historic locations in and around Hartford County.
- And these are just a few of the year’s accomplishments!
In 2015, we are entering an exciting transition and need your support now more than ever. There are many ways you can contribute to the Windsor Art Center:
- Make a tax-deductible donation. Every little bit helps! For example:
o A $50.00 donation helps offset the costs for our arts classes
o A $100.00 donation provides stipends for artists talks and demos
o A $500.00 donation covers the cost of one of our concerts
- Become a member. Our members receive a 10% discount on work in our gift shop, coupons to local businesses, and the opportunity to show work in our first ever members’ show. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on joining!
- Volunteer your time. From working at the welcome desk to serving on one of our committees, donating your time to the Windsor Art Center is an excellent way to show your support!
Here is what we are growing towards. In 2015:
- We will be hiring new staff to help us further achieve our mission.
- Expanding our education programs to include classes for both children and adults in the visual and performing arts and providing scholarships for some of these programs.
- Partnering with the Greater Hartford Arts Council on an exciting initiative: Make.Art.Work. –Career Strategies for Visual Artists.
- Highlighting the work of our members in our first ever Members’ Show.
- Showcasing the work of some outstanding artists including Catherine Doocy, Andres Chaparro, Maurice Robertson, and Carlos Hernandez Chavez.
- Continuing our concert series with return performances by duo Joe Carter and Jeff Fuller and the Ricky Alfonso Jazz Quintet.
We hope you will join us during this exciting time! To make a contribution simply click the donate button below.
Download our WAC-2015-Donation-Request form to mail a donation and for more information about our upcoming events!
Thank you so much for supporting the Windsor Art Center! We are looking forward to making 2015 our best year yet!
Windsor Art Center