Exhibits & Events
REFLECTIONS OF TIME: Celebrating 50 Years of Artmaking by Stanwyck E. Cromwell. This exhibition highlights a selection of paintings, drawings and a variety of mixed-media works.
Exhibition opens with a free reception: Saturday, Sept. 17, 2016 from 5 – 7:00 p.m.
- Conversation with the Artist: Saturday, October 1 at 1:30p.m. Mr. Crowell will discuss his imagery, themes, and passion for bridging diverse communities. Free.
- Painting Night: Thursday, October 6 from 6 – 8 p.m. with Irene Hilbert. Be inspired by the current exhibition and create Whimsical Tree, a playful, vibrant painting using line, color, and symbols. All art materials provided for one complete acrylic work of art on canvas. See registration page for an example of the image. Maximum participants is 15. Reservations due by September 30. $45.00 for non-members, $40.00 for members. Click here to register.
- Panel Discussion Truths and Myths of Collecting: Anyone Can Collect. Saturday, October 15 from 1 – 2:30p.m. • Panelists include: Betty Hellerman; Lenny Hellerman; Margaret Penn; Betsy Rudden; moderated by Wanda Seldon. Free.
- October 29 from 5–7p.m.: Closing reception honoring the artist and the sponsors of the exhibit. Visit with the artist, take your last look at this retrospective exhibition, partake of some refreshments, and enjoy the music. Free.
- School and community groups are welcome during open hours or by appointment.
This exhibition is made possible by the generous support of Dan J. & Alice Ford Ferraina and the West Indian Foundation, Inc., the William Kent Charitable Foundation, and the Nigel Cromwell Foundation, Inc.
This year the Windsor Art Center and Rough Edges Art Productions have joined forces with Open Studio Hartford on November 12 and 13 from 11-5 to celebrate art and the artists who produce it.
Open Studio Hartford in Windsor at the train station brings you three floors and seven artists. Participating artists include four artists in residence: Andres Chaparro, LeaAnn Cogswell, Cathy Doocy, and Joe Sam. Visiting artists William Simpson, Sue Banks and Charlene Li will complement the work of the artists-in-residence.
A special guest musician will perform at the Windsor Art Center studios both days from 12-2.
There is plenty of free parking and easy access to the studios. Across the tracks at the Windsor Art Center will be a new show by the Women Artists Collective. Several good restaurants are within easy walking distance of the both the train station and the art center. So come for an hour or two, buy some art, enjoy the music, drink some coffee, tea or wine, and watch the trains go by. We assure you it will be one of your best art experiences ever.
The Windsor Art Center, in conjunction with REAP (Rough Edges Art Productions) announces three workshops now open for teens. This winter we are offering painting and cartooning workshops which run either six or four Saturdays, beginning in January 2017. Register as soon as possible to secure your spot.
For a complete description of each workshop and registration information, click on this link. Registration is easy – simply click on the Paypal link or mail a check to: Windsor Art Center, 40 Mechanic Street, Windsor, CT 06095. This winter’s lineup, with classes starting in January 2017, include:
- Painting Collage with a Jazz Twist: Session #1/for Teens ages 12 & up
Andres Chaparro, Instructor
- Introduction to Cartoon Writing & Drawing for Teens, ages 12 & up
Ken Fredette (KenFrets Comics), Instructor
- Painting Collage with a Jazz Twist: Session #2/for Teens ages 12 & up
Andres Chaparro, Instructor